Allen & Heath Avantis
The third mixer based on the 96kHz XCVI FPGA engine, Avantis puts all of Allen & Heath’s next-generation technology in a 64 channel/42 configurable bus console, with dual Full HD touchscreens, a super-flexible workflow with Continuity UI, extensive I/O options, add-on processing from their flagship dLive mixing system, and a rugged full metal chassis.
With a massive 206 square inches of screen space operating at a crisp 1080p Full HD resolution, Continuity UI allows you to see and instantly interact with more of what matters, enabling a seamless connection between the physical controls and the displays. The faders react on touch to immediately highlight the active channels for instant visual feedback. The channel rotaries let you work gains or pans, then at the touch of a button, dynamically fold the display to show EQ or compressor parameters across the whole bank. Each screen also features a FastGrab tab on the right-hand side, giving you split-second access to key freely-assignable parameters like aux sends, EQ, compressor and FX on the currently selected or specific channel. The whole system is set up to dynamically surface the information you need at any moment and put control right at your fingertips.
Trusted by platinum selling artists on sellout tours, DEEP puts incredible emulations directly within Avantis input and mix channels with zero latency. No burning FX slots, no 3rd party gear hassles and no issues with latency or phase coherency.
Avantis dPack also delivers Dyn8, a powerful and sophisticated processor boasting 4 bands of dynamic EQ and 4 bands of multiband compression. With endless applications including taming vocals, tightening sub-groups or adding sonic glue to a mix, Dyn8 changes the way we think about dynamic processing. dPack enables 16 Dyn8 engines for inserting on Input and Mix channels.
- Mic/Line XLR Inputs: Balanced XLR, +48V phantom power
- Mic/Line Preamp: Fully recallable
- Input Sensitivity: -60 to +15dBu
- Analogue Gain: +5 to +60dB, 1dB steps
- Pad: -20dB Active PAD
- Maximum Input Level: +30dBu (PAD in)
- Input Impedance 4kohms (Pad out), 10kohms (Pad in)
- Mic EIN -127dB with 150 source
- Phantom Power indication: Per socket, internal or external phantom powersensing, triggered at +24V
- Digital Inputs: AES3 2 Ch XLR, 2.5Vpp balanced terminated 110 SRC range 24 bit, 32k – 192kHz, with bypass option
- Analogue XLR Outputs: Balanced, Relay protected
- Output Impedance: 75 ohms
- Nominal Output: +4dBu = 0dB meter reading
- Maximum Output Level: +22dBu
- Residual Output Noise: -95dBu (muted, 22-22kHz),90dBu (muted, 0-80kHz)
- Digital Inputs: AES3 2 Ch XLR, 2.5Vpp balanced terminated 110 – 96kHz sampling rate, globally switchable to 48kHz, 44.1kHz